Circuit Engineering Districts (CEDs) have been developed under Title 69 § 687.1, which allows Counties to come together as a cooperative and provide efficiencies that are not available to an individual county. The Districts act as a political subdivision to serve on the CED board. Each County designates one County Commissioner to serve on the CED board. The Districts mirror the same boundaries as the ACCO districts.
- Provide efficiency through pooling resources.
- Provide research.
- Provide assistance with such functions as road maintenance, construction, inspection, and equipment.
- Conduct public discussion groups, panels, and lectures.
- Provide courses of education and instruction.
- Obtain and develop types of information relative to the operation of the transportation system.
- Provide short and long range planning within the district and with other districts.
- Provide services to Counties that will improve the quality of the transportation system and be cost effective.
Circuit Engineering Districts may also:
- Provide construction inspection for road and bridge projects.
- Perform Safety Bridge Inspection as required by the Federal Highway Administration.
- Develop sign shops that are constructing roadway signs according to the latest standard.
- Provide training for county roadway employees through coordination with OSU’s Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP).
- Provide engineering advice.
- Conduct county equipment auctions that as of this date have sold over $21 million dollars worth of equipment and netted the districts $418,000.
- Provide an inventory and condition assessments of bridges, roads, signs, and roadway structures.
CED Board Members
PRESIDENT: Dan DeLozier, Rogers County
VICE PRESIDENT: Mitch Antle, Washington County
SECRETARY / TREASURER: Lowell Walker, Craig County
MEMBER: Russell Earls, Ottawa County
MEMBER: Jarrod Whitehouse , Creek County
MEMBER: David Poindexter, Delaware County
MEMBER: Ryan Ball, Mayes County
MEMBER: Burke LaRue, Nowata County
MEMBER: Randall Jones, Osage County
MEMBER: Jerry Skidgel, Pawnee County
MEMBER: Alex Mills, Tulsa County